Monday, October 19, 2009

48 inches

Kaylin had a big day yesterday. After years of waiting, and countless times of measuring, she is finally 48 inches. Barely. And I mean barely. And the rolls of tape from First Aid in the bottom of her shoe didn't hurt, either. :)

And if you don't know what 48 inches means, then you haven't been around our house much. :)

A windy trip to WOF was in order. Here's our big girl on the Mamba. She rode with Bobby, and she has been so excited about riding this for two years now. For those of you who don't know, it kinda tricks you at the top--you don't go straight down. Bobby said she had her hands up, yelling, on that trick part, then when we started down, she just stopped yelling and stared. It was extremely windy yesterday, and I was even blown away going down the hill. She says she loved it. Judging from her grin and the round of high-fives, I would say she did.



Macy and Kaylin in line for the Timber Wolf.              Here's the girls on the Timber Wolf. I am so thankful KK can now ride it, because I hope to never sit foot on that thing again.                            Little snake outside Spinning Dragons.
                                               Kaylin getting ready to get on the Prowler. We rode this one twice. This one is my favorite--Bobby and Macy both love the Mamba. Hopefully KK likes this one better, so she and I can ride it together. We rode this one first, and she just grinned and grinned.

All in all, it was a special day for Kaylin. She has been begging to ride these rides since Macy could two years ago, but was really bad this year. And she watched friends ride with Macy. She got measured at the front gate and got a wristband, so she never got measured at the gates. She was tickled pink. I bet she slept well last night.

My baby's growing up.

Next stop: Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. Home to 17 roller coasters.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cedar point is so much fun! I used to go there when I was little, it was only like an hour away! Ride the Gemini...its wooden but its really fun!

-Valerie