Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dodgeball and other things...

I notice it has been a few days since I've posted; better get on that before certain people point it out to me.

DodgeBall tournament was Wednesday and Thursday--when all was said and done, we made about about $2300 for newspaper. I was very pleased with the results! We had 44 teams, and about 250 high school students, along with other community teams. Our superintendent was even on a team, and Bobby had a team of firefighters. I was very proud of all the students--no trash talking, no arguing with the refs, no bad sports...everyone was respectful, and the community members noticed. On Friday, all you could hear in the hall was kids talking about the tournament! Apparently everyone wants another tournament next year. If we earn that same amount every year, that's awesome! I am glad it's over, though.

Today was busy--At 9:15, Kaylin had dance pictures. At 12:00, Macy had a soccer game a half hour away, and at 3:45 Macy had dance pictures. Of course, Bobby was working, so I have shuttled kids, changed clothes, put on make-up, bobby pinned hair, adjusted costumes, and sat out in wind all day today.

My thesis awaits...I have a date with Office Max to get it bound, and the post office to get it mailed on Monday.

No comments: