Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bedtime Stories

I was so tired last night and put the girls to bed right after Girl Scouts so I could go to bed. Macy, as usual, fell asleep quickly and Kaylin, as usual, didn't. She ended up in bed with me. We had the following conversation:

Kaylin: Daddy's clock says "9 dot dot 15" {told you I went to bed early}
Me: Mommy's clock says Go to sleep.
Kaylin: Kaylin's clock says Don't go to sleep and stay up all night!

Kaylin always struggles going to sleep. She does this weird thing: she lays there and whispers to herself while tossing and turning, and then just falls asleep in an instant. It cracks me up. I used to think she was trying to avoid going to sleep, but I know now it is her way of putting herself to sleep.

It is why Macy and Kaylin are not good at falling asleep together. The whispering and tossing keeps Macy up, and annoys her. About once a month they want to "have a sleepover" in Macy's room, and that lasts until Macy kicks Kaylin out.

No comments: