Wednesday, May 16, 2012

School Notes

School Notes

1. My students have been working on a big paper for over a week. It's due on Friday. Some people have written 3 pages, some have written 1 paragraph. I have repeated the directions so many times I want to bang my head on the desk. It's a great assignment, but uffda, my brain has clicked off for summer and so has theirs.

2. Today my phone blew up with texts during 6th hour. It was from a girl I didn't know, who was obviously having boyfriend problems. I texted back that she had had the wrong number, then read the texts to my TA. One boy heard me, and started laughing hysterically. They go to another school, and he works with them at Price Chopper, but they had been keeping their "dating" secret. Not now! Maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty darn funny.

3. Seniors last day was this past Monday. It was bittersweet--three of those kids came with me from LHS and started our newspaper FROM SCRATCH. They did an awesome, awesome, awesome job the last two years at North. I'm very sad to see them go, but I know that time moves on and it's time for them to go.

4. I've got an amazing group of juniors coming up and I am looking forward to seeing what they will accomplish on newspaper.

5. I've very overwhelmed at school with these papers, portfolios, planning a lunch, etc, but I'm calling in sick tomorrow to do Field Day with the girls at school!

5. I'm dreading Friday. It's been a year.

No comments: