Friday, March 20, 2009

Ways to stay entertained in a boring meeting

I had teacher meetings yesterday afternoon and this morning. To keep myself entertained without my laptop, I did the following:

1. Made a list of all the states I could remember. I got 41.
2. Drew pictures of flowers and trees
3. Had a contest with another teacher to see who could draw the best caterpillar. She won.
4. Colored in all the letters with circles (like a,d,o,p,etc.) on my handout
5. Tried to see how long I could sit perfectly still. (wasn't very long; I'm fidgety)

It is true--teachers are the worst audience.

Macy's 3rd quarter report card came home today, and she did very well, as usual. Four things to work on: synonyms, antonyms, r-controlled phonic sounds, and counting with coins. I can help with the first three, no problem, but she already has my math skills, so counting with coins might be Bobby's job.

No comments: