Monday, March 23, 2009

Busy Saturday, and a Not Me Monday...

Macy decided to play soccer this season, after taking a break in the fall. She moved up a league, and it's a whole new ball game. Referee's, goalie, positions, it's pretty close to real soccer. She did pretty well. As usual, she needs to get more agressive. And, as usual, when I talk with her about it, she dissolves into tears. Good grief...


Her team name is Peaches, and she loves her coach. He seems to know a lot about soccer, so hopefully that will work to our advantage and she will become better.

Her team lost about 12-0 on Saturday. It wasn't pretty.



Then I had a lovely treat...Mom and Dad took the girls back to their house so I could rest (I was sick) and work on my paper while Bobby was at work. I can't tell you the last time I had five hours to myself. I worked on my paper, slept, worked on my paper, slept, worked on my paper, and slept.

You may remember last year when Bobby played in the annual firefighter vs. police department basketball game. It was Saturday night, and the firefighters lost. I didn't take as many pictures as usual, since I was feeling bad.



Here's Tommy Saunders, star football player for Mizzou, shooting free throws.


And to finish off this long post, here's a Not Me Monday. Haven't done this in a few weeks.

It wasn't me who couldn't find her own flip flops to wear to the doctor's office on Sunday, so I certainly didn't wear my 7-year-old daughter's High School Musical flip flops to see the doctor.

It wasn't me who knew she was sick, but thought she would get better and put off going to the doctor. It wasn't me who had a raging case of strep throat.

It wasn't me who went to bed with socks on, but then got hot and wanted to take the socks off. It wasn't me who just stuck them under my pillow, b/c I was too tired to get up, and I knew if I threw them down, Gabe would eat them.

It wasn't me who took five--yes, five--burning hot showers on Saturday because it was the only thing that eased the aching in my body.

And it wasn't me who wore a hat all weekend so I wouldn't have to do my hair.

That's my Not Me Monday, sick version.

No comments: