Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Reading Lesson

I've mentioned before how good Macy is reading. According to her teacher, she's reading above average, but I also understand that is a relative term, and that she reads just as well as some others in her class.

But to me, listening to her read is the best part of my day. (Unless she doesn't want to read, and starts crying and trying to read with her fist shoved in her mouth. That's not fun.)I just sit amazed at her teachers for all the work they've done, and listen to the beautiful sound of her reading to me.

Tonight she had some hard word in her Level N book (she was at level A at the beginning of the year):
debris
tsunami
vast
energy
Kenya
crest
current
nostrils
surrounded
swift

The words aren't terribly hard, but for a seven-year-old they are! She did really well trying to figure them out. She was especially excited to recognize that the "t" in tsunami was silent, as is the "s" in debris. I was excited she noticed that!

There's your update on Macy's reading abilities. I'll try to refrain from another for a while.

No comments: