Friday, February 13, 2009

Have you seen such cool Valentine boxes?

I am offically Valentine-d Out. And it's now even here yet! Yesterday I went to Macy's party at school (she didn't have school today). There were some pretty cool Valentine boxes--I took pictures so you could see for yourself.

First up is Macy's. I know why this picture is so small, and I just don't have the energy to fix it. She basically used her shoe box from her High School Musical shoes she got at Christmas. I don't have the genes to make a pretty box with sparkles and hearts and glitter. Her's did just fine. And she loved it, which is what matters most.

This is Tyler's truck...pretty cool.

And Jocie's elephant made from duct tape. Dad would be proud.

I love, love, love Parker's. More about this one later.

Chloe had the right idea--just a plastic tub that she decorated. And usuable later.

I forgot which kid this one belonged to, but it was the largest box I've seen. Took almost two desks.


My newspaper kids also held a party today. We use it as a team-building activity. We give prizes to the best box, and they go all out. As evidenced by some of these pictures...

Holly made a paper-mache toilet. With tootsie rolls in the toilet bowl. She won the weirdest prize.

Phil grabbed his mom's Weight Watcher bag, and then put this sign on there about how he is on WW, and can't have any candy, but yet he wants some so give it to him anyway.

Katie won last year for Best Box (her dad, our assistant superintendent, came and sat cross-legged on a desk) and she won Coolest Prize today for her Abe Lincoln box. I'm not sure it was paper mache or what...

Hollie's alligator...I thought it was cool, but she didn't win anything.

Hilke's Batman box...these kids may be in high school, but they are still young at heart.

Emily won Prettiest Box. It had lots of glitter and sparkles. Her children's boxes will too, when she has them.

Mine! Inspired by good old Parker yesterday. I loved it. Easy to carry home, too.

And lest you think my kids are all creative and crafty, I present to you the Cheez-it box.

We are leaving Bright and Early for Winter Park, CO. I may or may not blog, depending on wireless access and my energy level. I'm sure I will have gobs of pictures when i come back.

No comments: