Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hats off to single parents...

Tonight was a the green shift, or "C" shift, or Bobby's shift, so I was all alone tonight. Wanna know what I did with my time? I know you do. I know you are just dying to know. So here it is!

3:30-5:00--worked at Kaylin's preschool
5:15--picked up Macy from her friends house
5:20--fixed a wholesome meal of hot dogs, chips and juice boxes
6:00--dropped Macy off at basketball
6:10--dropped Kaylin off at karate
6:20--shopped at our newly expanded and very nice Dollar General for some things for our trip this weekend
6:50--arrive back to pick up Kaylin from karate
7:05--pick up Macy from basketball
7:15--visit with Bobby at the fire station
8:00--begin getting ready for bed
8:45--both girls in bed, not asleep, and begin making lunches/laying out clothes/getting backpacks ready for school
9:00--both girls asleep (a miracle this early)
9:05--take a shower
9:15--do my nightly email/Facebook/blog checking
9:30--finish up this blog post, going to pop some popcorn and do my homework for weekly Bible study on Esther (not Easter, as I originally typed).

Seriously, I have the utmost respect for single parents. While I had a crazy, busy night by myself, my husband will be home for the next two, and that will take some of the load off. Single parents don't have that luxury.

No comments: