Sunday, November 18, 2007

Nighttime musical chairs and other thoughts

Bobby was at work last night, and I woke up about 2 to go to the bathroom. Kaylin had brought her pillow, her stuffed animal and was sound asleep next to me. I had no idea she'd gotten in bed with me. I went to the bathroom and went back to sleep. Something woke me up around 4, and I noticed Macy was now on the other side of me, sound asleep too. I had no idea she'd gotten in bed with me either. I also had no idea I was such a sound sleeper. After that, I couldn't fall back asleep because Kaylin is a cuddler--she throws her arm around my neck, snuggles up next to me. Normally I like that, but last night Macy was on the other side doing the same thing, there was a dog at the end of the bed, and I began feeling a little claustrophobic. So I moved to Macy's bed, and woke up with stuffed animals all around me.

On the way home from church today, we ran through Wendy's drive-thru. Macy asked me what french fries were made of. I said potatoes, and she said yuck and spit out her fries. Then Kaylin asked what chicken nuggets are made of, and Macy said "They take the chicken and roll it into balls, and then put turkey all over and cook it." Interesting idea...

I like to take a nap every Sunday afternoon. I told the girls not to bother me unless it was an emergency. They were pretty engrossed in Barbie's Island Princess. Here's Kaylin's "emergencies":
  1. "Macy said my face is dirty, but it's not" (and it really was)
  2. "Can you help me put on this Cinderella dress?"
  3. "Macy hit me in the back."
  4. "Where's my flip flops?"
  5. "Macy poured me some milk. Is that ok?"