Friday, August 31, 2007

Morning rituals

It continues to amaze me the difference in the girls in the morning.

For 2 1/2 years, I took Macy to Blue Jay Junction. 6:30 would come pretty early for her. I would wake her up, get her dressed while she was still asleep, and drive to school. She would not say a word the entire time...quiet as could be. Sometimes when she told me goodbye at BJJ was the first time she spoke to me. She'd either sleep or stare out the window on the way to school. But as soon as we'd get to school, the waterworks would start. It was never full out sobbing, but rather the whimpering and watery eyes. She never wanted me to leave, and I'd have to pry her off my neck. Most days she'd curl up on Ms. Sharon's lap, and Sharon would try to calm her down.

But now I'm taking Kaylin to school. 6:30 comes pretty early for her too. She starts whining as soon I wake her up...she doesn't want to wear what I've picked out, she doesn't want those shoes, she doesn't have to go to the bathroom, she wants Daddy to take her to schoool, and on and on. We get in the car, and she continues to whine. She's too cold, she wants to play outside, etc. Half the time I don't listen to her. But as soon as we get to BJJ, she's happy as a lark. She carries her backpack and lunchbox, and trots in. She runs to Ms. Sharon, blows me a kiss and gives me a hug, and that is that.

I can't decide which one I like better...the quiet morning or the easy drop-off.

No comments: