Tuesday, August 7, 2007

water conservation?

Denver has apparently been in a severe drought for about 5 years. They have signs all over the place saying "Use only what you need", etc. They have all sorts of ways to encourage people to conserve water: don't let your swimming pool overflow, take quick showers, only fill the bathtub with just a few inches, don't flush everytime, esp. with small children, etc. But yet the yards in Denver are the most lush, the most brillant shade of green I've seen in a long time. Especially compared to the yards around here, which are a dry, brittle brown. Denver residents are instructed to only water twice a week, and a third time can be after dark.

I think I'd rather have a clean child, take longer showers, and flush my toilet everytime than water my yard three times a week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would have to totally agree with you on that!!