Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Trying again...

Yes, I'm alive. Just took a little hiatus of 3 months. :)

I think part of my blogging rut was the feeling that no one was reading...which is probably true, and and any readers I did have I'm sure I lost with that break.

But over the last three days, I realized something. This blog isn't for my non-existent readers. It's for me, and my family. It's a place to record our history. A year from tomorrow we lost Kobe  
and I turned to the blog to read my post and to figure out the correct date.

And after the events in Boston, I decided I needed to do another 1/2 marathon. It has been in the back of my mind recently, but after Mondays' events, it became clear. I need to do it again. I need to show the terrorists--whoever they are--they haven't won. I need to run again. So I looked for my blog  post about my first 1/2   and realized again how important this blog is to my memories and my family's memories.

So, I'm going to do my best. Going to try to record the events in my family's timeline as the girls continue to grow and change.

Thanks for hanging around for the ride.

No comments: