Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A long lag again

Oh my. It appears as though I haven't updated for almost a week and a half. Guess I should get busy, huh?

Bulleted list update:
1. Macy's basketball team wrapped up their season with a 2nd place in the tournament. It was a fun game to watch. She really enjoys basketball. Sometimes that shows and sometimes it doesn't.  The dad's are getting a team together to play in another league in Liberty, and she is very excited about that. Very excited that one girl in particular will now be on her team, and she won't have to be guarding her.

2. Kaylin's still chugging along at basketball. She has two more games. She adores basketball, adores that her dad is her coach, and tries really hard. We'll leave it at that.

3. We're in the middle of interviews for my newspaper staff next year. I'm blessed to have almost all my staff returning, and many new people applying. It's a great problem to have--but I don't know where I'm going to put them all! I'll take that problem anyday, however. I have a really great staff, and they are producing (in my opinion) some awesome stuff online and in print. They are pushing themselves this month and producing EIGHT more print pages in our April issue. So proud of how hard they work, while having fun and enjoying themselves as well.

4. Somehow I got involved in this Joplin prom dress drive. Long story short, there is a drive to provide prom dresses for the Joplin students so they can enjoy a 100% free Prom. The results have been amazing! I have so many dresses in my room I had to go to the theater teacher and borrow one of his rolling racks that he uses for costumes! Some are ahem older dresses and might not ahem appeal to high school students, but it's the thought that counts.

5. Still praying over this New York mission trip I'm thinking of taking in July. I told the organizer I was needing a major lightening bolt from God to strike me saying, "GO! DO IT".  But I have major mom guilt about spending the money. That lightening bolt needs to hit soon--almost all the spots are full.

6. Girls and I went to IHOP for National Pancake Day today. They were giving away a short stack--three pancakes each! Walked right in, one of my favorite former students was our waitress, and she slipped in some chocolate chips in our free pancakes. Awesome! 

I think that's good enough for now. Maybe I can update sooner than once every two weeks. :)

No comments: