Sunday, October 16, 2011

SOC Sunday--5 minutes to myself

#SOCsunday

I have 5 minutes till I need to pick up the girls at choir...5 blessed minutes to myself. When does that ever happen? Never.

I'm pretty sore from yesterday's half marathon. Mainly when I stand up and start to walk, but after I've been walking for a bit, I loosen up. It's my calves and hamstrings, and my right shoulder. I am still in shock that I trained for and ran a half-marathon. Sorry that is all I have talked about this week.  People have asked if I am going to do another one, and I think so. Verdict is still out on which one and if I really will. I have really enjoyed running so far, and running a race like that is exciting.

Last week with my student teacher, and next week I'm back to teaching.

That's it for today...like I said, sorry my half-marathon has monopolized so much time this week. Moving forward, I will focus on something else now.

3 comments:

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Congrats on the half marathon! That is a great accomplishment! :)

Andrea said...

That is awesome! I did the SF half marathon just before getting pregnant with my last child. It was so much fun. And I can't wait til I can get back out there and back in to running. It is such a nice way to spend some time away from all the other things that NEED you. Congrats!
multiplemama

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Embrace the soreness, right? Accomplishing a 1/2 is a HUGE thing, and awesome!!!!!