Friday, October 14, 2011

It's here.

On the kitchen table right now:

Freshly washed socks
Shoes
GU energy chews
Cliff energy bar for breakfast
timing chip
headphones (after MUCH searching and angst)
bib (number 4523!)
safety pins
Sunscreen
anti-chafe gel
super-grip ponytail holders
phone with recently updated playlist

In the fridge right now:

2 water bottles, one for breakfast and one for the car ride

In the bathroom right now:

Pants
Shirt
Sports bra

I seriously NEVER thought I would be doing this. Even after doing the 5k in April, I laughed at the thought of doing a half-marathon. But you know what? I'm doing it. I registered June 15. I followed a training schedule all summer and fall. I pulled myself out of bed at 5:15 to run while it was somewhat cool during the heat wave, and I have gotten babysitters to watch the girls so I can run while Bobby was working. I'm ready.

And scared to death.

It's here.

No comments: