Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Faith it will get better...

I'm in pretty rough spot right now--it's been a really crappy three days. Nothing I really feel like writing down--problems with friends, problems at work, problems with my students, etc.

It just feels like it won't stop. I think I have one fire put out, and another one quickly pops up in its place. I literally felt sick to my stomach all day today. The stress I have weighing on my shoulders right now is unmeasurable.

But through it all, I know that God is with me, holding my hand. Here's how I know:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7


And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Romans 8:28


For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7


I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13


... but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
1 Peter 5:7


And just like that, I feel better. I just need to remember those verses tomorrow morning when the fires start up again.

No comments: