Friday, April 25, 2008

Field trip again...

Whew--long day yesterday. 2 other advisers and I took 60+ students down to Columbia for our state competition. We met at 5:30 am--students armed with all sorts of coffee products from Quiktrip, Starbucks, McDonalds, and their pillows and blankets. I don't think they slept, though. My cell phone died about 30 minutes out of KC--it was strange to be without it all day. I am so used to having it! At least the kids couldn't text or call me--we had to add more text minutes on our plan because of the amount of texts they send me.

It rained the whole way to Columbia. The bus has emergency hatches in the roof, and they leaked. Every time we hit a bump, you'd hear a girl squeal as water was dumped on her. The windshield was so fogged up the bus driver had to wipe at it with his handkerchief! The front steps and dashboard were covered in water. It felt like a rain forest in there.

The day turned out well--students competed in journalism contests, got to roam the beautiful campus, and we received many awards. It was a fun day.

The bus ride home was much drier. He called back to the school while we were there, and they will send the bus back to the manufacturer--it is brand new with 4,000 miles on it. It should not be leaking like that!

Tying up some loose ends this morning, then we are off to Branson for the weekend. The big dance recital is on Sunday, and I'm sure I will have a ton of pictures to show.

No comments: