Friday, April 4, 2008

Books and Fire...our favorite things

I just finished the latest Jodi Picoult book, Change of Heart She is by far my favorite author, but I was a little disappointed in this one. The premise was good--man on death row wants to donate his heart to the daughter whose father and sister he killed. I enjoyed that side of the story. But the rest was too much like one of her others, Keeping Faith, and I felt it was too much. I will say I was happy I figured out the always-present Picoult surprise twist at the end. Or maybe she is getting worse with foreshadowing.

Bobby battled his first real fire Wednesday night. He wasn't supposed to be working, but was called in for overtime. A carpet/flooring business caught on fire and all those rolls of carpet caught fire and were very hard to put out. They were there from 11:30 pm-6 am doing what they could to knock the flames down. He was exhausted yesterday from the intense effort and adrenline wearing off. He was also excited to have his first real fire under his belt. The girls were excited to talk about it,and watch the fire on the news.

No comments: