Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April is Organ Donation Month!

The United States recognizes April as Organ Donation Month. This is a cause I believe very strongly in, and have for years. I've made sure all my family knows how I feel about this in case something was to happen to me.

I've mentioned before how addicted I've become to Confessions of a CF Husband
in the last couple months, and pray often for Tricia, who is waiting for a new set of lungs. You can read more about organ donation on his website; he blogs frequently about the truly selfless and wonderful gift of organ donation.

You can also go to this site to learn how to become an organ donor in your particular state. In Missouri, I filled out a form that puts me on a list that medical personnel will have access to. That's not required, but a good way to make your wishes known and make it easier for people to identify your intentions.

No comments: