Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa's stuck in the 50's

Since September, Macy has been staying after school once a week, sometimes twice a week, with Drama Club. It's only open to 3rd, 4th and 5th graders, so this is the first time she's been able to. Several of her friends did it too, and they've had a really good time.

Tuesday night was their performance of "Santa's stuck in the 50's". She was Dancer the Reindeer (how appropriate).

Here's 1/2 of the kids, mainly the reindeer ones. Of course, Macy is on the top row. Would you expect any less? She's one of the tallest 3rd graders, I believe.


And here she is delivering her one line-"And I found a box full of Barbie dolls!" We've had that line memorized since she got the part. I'm so mad that my camera decided to focus on the woman in front of me's bald spot instead of Macy.

Here she is after the performance with the flowers we got her. See the poodle skirt? My mom made it. Along with 16 others to help the drama club teacher out. My mom rocks.

I'm so proud of her. She was nervous, and didn't hardly smile at all. She does that in church choir too, and is something we need to work on. We talked about it today, and she said she would try. She's just so shy that it's hard.

Macy, you're my favorite reindeer!!

No comments: