Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Funny comments from the girls...

We leave for Colorado in two days. As the girls have no real concpet of how long that is, they are driving me crazy asking when we will leave. I have told them "two wake-ups", but they keep forgetting that. I'm realy looking forward to spending 10 hours in the car with them.

We've been talking about the alpine slide in Winter Park, and that you ride down the mountain on a slide. She asked me today when I would pack her snow boots. I told her it was July and we didn't need her snow boots. "But, Mom, my feet will get wet with all the snow on the mountain!" I smiled and explained there was not snow on the mountain.

And this has been a couple weeks ago, but one Sunday there was a one-year-old girl in front of us at church. Kaylin looked up at me, smiled sweetly, and said, "Baby McKinley is going to die someday," and then went back to coloring.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I guess those little minds are busy in Bible Calss! In our lessons this year, we have talked about Lazarus dying and just recently Elijah raising the little boy. Its hard to know what to teach these little ones.
The notion of "it won't happen to me" starts early in life!
jkn