Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday tidbits

As I type this, I can hear the girls downstairs in the basement giggling. I have no idea what they are up to, but I'm enjoying the fact that they are actually getting along and not bothering me. Is there a more beautiful sound than your two daughters laughing together?

We had a great week; spent a lot of time with friends, eating delicious food, watching fireworks, swimming, just having fun. The girls woke up today asking "what are we going to do?" My response? NOTHING.

We did work today on our Girl Scout SWAPS for next week. Macy made little canoes with oars, and Kaylin made little smore's. I'm all about simple, and these were pretty darn simple. Some kids/parents go WAY overboard, but not us. We made about 60 each, which will be a decent amount when we trade them next Friday.

Speaking of Girl Scouts, SO THANKFUL that apparently there will be a break in the heat next week, since we'll be at camp Tuesday-Saturday morning. Highs of 92 might not sound good, but when the high has been 103, it sounds delightful.

Yesterday we went to see the new Katy Perry movie. It was cute. Today, in between making the SWAPS, Kaylin decided her Barbie doll needed a Katy Perry-esque dress. She made this with felt and hot glue. I think Katy Perry would be pleased, although it's not a cupcake or a swimsuit with flashing lights.


Kaylin continues to do very well with her expander. I keep forgetting she even has it in her mouth, until I have to turn her key. We go back on Tuesday to have a check up. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments: