Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend

Had a nice little weekend getaway with my husband and two other couples this weekend.This is our third trip doing this. Here's the blog entries of the other two if you are interested:

Two years ago: Don't rock the boat
Three years ago: Macy's Arm, Part III

We tried to go to Lamberts for a late lunch, but couldn't even get in the parking lot! Dropped off the girls at Bobby's sister's, then we were on our way. We went to a different campsite this year, and while the bathroom/shower situation was less than desirable, it was still a very nice quiet campsite. We canoed the same river I did growing up, but hadn't been in many years. One man kept asking me, "How much longer?" and I'd reply, "I don't know! I haven't been here in 15 years!"

The men did the usual crazy jumping off cliffs into ice cold springs again, and the women did the crazy "let's float down the river without a canoe, just us, and get beat up by rocks!" thing again. 

I sooooooo treasure this time with my friends, time with just my husband and no kids, and I know they enjoyed their weekend with Aunt Carmen and Uncle Kelly. One of these days the girls will be out of the house on their own, and it's important for Bobby and I to spend time together, as well as the girls learn some independence being away from us.

Here's the view from our campsite!

Until next year!

No comments: