Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Catchin' up

Just noticed it's been almost 2 weeks since I've blogged...nothing terribly exciting going on, just life.

Last week Macy had a volleyball camp in the morning, and then both girls did basketball camp in the afternoon. It was a busy week of shuttling kids back and forth!

We've spent some time with good friends at Worlds of Fun, and it's always funny to watch the girls be tour guides. They know every inch of that park and aren't afraid to tell people.

We spent an evening with good friends from college, and it was fun to watch all our kids play together. We've all came a long way in the last 15 years!

I signed up to run a half-marathon in October...apparently I have lost my mind. But I'm going to do it, and I've got some amazing support from friends!

We've done a lot of Oceans too, even though the water is brr brrr brrrrrrr cold. 

Two funny stories from the girls this week:

We were in the drive-thru at Wendy's, and Kaylin's window was down. She leaned up, held up her QT Freezoni, and yelled to the worker, "I have a Freezoni!" The Wendy's worker looked at her like she was crazy. Maybe you had to be there, but all 4 of us laughed until we had tears coming out her eyes.

Then a couple nights ago, a movie was on Disney with the daughter moving away to college. I said something about crying my eyes out when the girls left for college, and Macy mutters, "Unless you're dead!" Gee, thanks, Macy. Killing me off already?

That's it for now.

No comments: