Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Secret confessions...

The girls had a dental check-up today with Dr. Jerry and Miss Debbie, who they they just adore. They don't dread going to the dentist like I do, which is good. Both Dr. Jerry and Miss Debbie (husband and wife; kids go to my high school) went on and on about how clean their teeth are, how well they brush, how proud they are that the girls have no cavities, etc. and etc. Macy and Kaylin just grinned.

Here is my secret confession: the girls never brush their teeth. I can count on one hand how many times they have brushed their teeth in the last year. It's pure laziness on my part--in the mornings I'm tired, and don't want to take the extra 3 minutes to have Kaylin brush her teeth. In the evenings, I'm tired too, and don't want to take the extra 3 minutes to have them brush their teeth. I KNOW they should brush their teeth--I have horrible teeth, and I'm sure they are doomed also. But so far, so good... :)

And on another note, poor Kaylin has such a small mouth, she's in for a rough time. Her palette is very small, and on an x-ray, you can see the permanent teeth under the skin. They are huge!! There is simply no room in her mouth. So, just like her mother, she will have an extender in the roof of her mouth as those permanent teeth come in. Dr. Jerry said "we'll be getting to know each other very well."

And one more side note, they also commented that Macy FINALLY has a loose tooth, that will probably come out by the end of the summer. This is a HUGE deal--all of Macy's friends have lost teeth, and she still hasn't. It's been a major issue at our house. So maybe there is hope yet.

And the girls brushed their teeth tonight. :)

No comments: