Friday, May 23, 2008

To please a dog...

Last night we watched Jesse and Melissa's little girl Kali for a couple hours. Macy especially was in heaven; she wanted to carry Kali around the whole night. Jesse is a blogger too; my "inspiration" if you want to say that, although he doesn't need to know that. He blogged once before about Kali's eating habits with their dog, Nova. Click here read one of his blog entries about Kali and Nova.

We don't have a high chair anymore, so I put Kali on the couch with a towel on the couch and some paper towels around her. She thoroughly enjoyed Spongebob SquarePants (her first ever episode?) As you can see in this picture, Kobe is intent on the food in her lap. Gabe isn't so concerned. He really wasn't happy at first that she was in the house.


I went upstairs to change the laundry, and I heard giggling. Gabe and Kobe were suddenly closer. I came down to check out the situation, and grab my camera. Kali looks at Kaylin to say, "I think your mom is on to me!" I decide to move over to the kitchen where I'm behind her and she can't see me.

And all it takes is about 30 seconds. She pops a pasta bite in her mouth, picks up another one and hands it to Gabe. He gobbles it up. She giggles. I said, "Kali Leimkuehler!" in a fake angry voice. She looked up at me with a huge grin. "No, don't feed the doggie!" She grinned some more.

Obviously she listens to me as well as my own girls do. Another bite goes in her mouth, another bite goes to Gabe. He is in heaven. No longer concerned there is a strange girl in his house. This strange girl feeds him!!

No comments: