Friday, May 16, 2008

Kangaroos, Obstacle Courses, and Babies...Oh my!

What a day--Kaylin's preschool went to the zoo today. They had a great time--she liked the kangaroos best, she said, and the sea lion show. They ate lunch at a picnic table by the sea lions. She also has the grace of her mother--apparently she was holding the hand of her partner, and walked smack into a pole!! She's got a nice bruise and line down her forehead--nothing new for her!!

Macy had her Field Day today, which I helped with. I was with her class at the very beginning, but then was sent to the Obstacle Course where I spent the next few hours. It was a little disappointing that I didn't get to see Macy's class go through the different stations, but I was glad to help out. At the Obstacle Course they had to ride a tricycle through the cones, throw a ball into the hula hoop, run through the hula hoop, then jump on a bouncy ball and then run back. Funny part was watching the older kids with long legs on the tricycles-couldn't get them to move at all. There was a tug-of-war station, a bubble station, a race station, a tattoo/snow cone station (really good snow cones--I had a grape one!) and about four bouncy inflatables.

I got to eat lunch with her class out on the playground. Nothing like a good ole' peanut butter and jelly sandwich, bag of chips, cookie and a water bottle for lunch!! Macy has some really sweet friends--Chloe, Gillian, and Erin-- in her class and I enjoyed eating with them. It's neat to see how she interacts with them.

Then tonight we had a baby shower/family dinner for my cousin David, his wife Samantha, and their new baby Kaori, who they recently adopted from Japan. All of the extended family was there, along with some friends from church. There were over 50 people! It was nice to spend some time with everyone, and Dave and Sam got to show off Kaori. She's a beautiful baby!!

I'm so glad the weather cooperated--it was a perfect day. Not too warm, not too cold. Nice and sunny! And now the girls are sound asleep--worn out from a busy, busy day. I'm calling it quits too.

No comments: