Thursday, March 13, 2008

Slobbery tennis balls

We've had Kobe for 7 years. Brought her home as a tiny puppy in a cardboard box; she clawed and scratched at it so bad. In the 7 years we've had her, she has never learned to drop the ball for me when playing catch. She will stand right next to me, chomping on her tennis ball, slobbering all over my leg, and I have to reach into her mouth to get the ball while she playfully growls. Most of the time I use two-ball approach, and that works.

Imagine my surprise when we were outside playing this week and Macy wanted to play catch with Kobe. "Good luck," I thought. No way would Macy stick her hand in Kobe's mouth to get the gross tennis ball. She throws the ball, Kobe runs after it, and drops it right at her feet. I couldn't believe it. Over and over again Macy throws the ball, Kobe drops it right at her feet, waiting for more. 7 years I've tried to get her to drop the ball at my feet, and this girl does it in one afternoon.

On another note, one more day of school before spring break. Some kids apparently started their fun a little early with some vodka in Gatorade bottles. How stupid can you be? Tonight is deadline for newspaper too. One more day, one more day.

No comments: