Monday, October 15, 2007

Kindergarten Field Trip

On Friday I went with Macy's kindergarten class to the Red Barn Farm in Weston. They'd spent the week studying farm animals, and we had a great time looking at all the animals and picking pumpkins. Having been on field trips with high schoolers, it was strange to be on the other side as a parent. I quickly learned before we even left there is a protcol for everything: folders go in the red basket, not the blue one, they use the bathrooms on the right, not the left, and the line starts at the door, not the sink.

Below is a picture of all the kids in her class.


Our leader was very cool--Farmer Trish. She did a great job of interacting with the kids, and showing them the farm. In the picture below she was using Macy as a "tree" to show the other kids how to properly pick an apple.

There were 5 other parents that went, and we all had three or four kids in our group to account for. I was constantly looking for the heads of my three to make sure they hadn't jumped in with the geese or the pigs. I had a good group: Macy, Katlynn (who lives around the corner) and Evan. They were as sweet as could be. I felt sorry for Mr. Richter: he had four very active little boys, and he was chasing them all day long. Mrs. Fischer really has her hands full. Below is a picture of my group. Notice Evan has a MU shirt on.