Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday night ramblings

Here's my Sunday night ramblings:

1.Yesterday I had an all-day Girl Scout camping training. It wasn't terrible, but there is no reason it should have gone from 9am-7:30 pm. Seriously. I learned how to tie knots, build a fire, and cook several meals over the fire. Probably could have done that in 4 hours. I had a good friend there for company, and we entertained ourselves by making fun of the other participants. Not the nicest, I know, but whatever gets you through the day.

2. I've seen The Hunger Games twice over the last week--one with my girlfriends, and once with 60 high school seniors on a field trip. Loved the movie, but of course, I loved the book 1000% more. The movie left out some key things, but I was okay with it--gotta make some changes or it would be 8 hours long.

3. I love my girls just the way they are--all their quirks, weirdness makes them who they are, and I wouldn't want them to change for anything.

4. It's HOT in our house. We still haven't turned on the air. I'm sweating just sitting here.

5. I've been doing a pretty good job of working out the last two weeks, along with keeping my calories down and not drinking much pop. I've learned I can't cut caffeine out altogether, so I just try to limit it. Really nothing to show for it yet.

6. Our church is planning something pretty cool for the community in December, as a way to reach out to the needy in the community. I'm pretty excited to be a part of it from the beginning.

7. There is a light at the end of the tunnel....

No comments: